Monday 18 June 2012

Weekend Cleaning (food too!)

So this past week Ive been reading a lot about the Paleolithic diet, and on Friday decided to give it a go. I was going to wait until Monday, but I figured seeing as I did my weekend food shop I may aswell start straight away. My partner was on holiday this weekend, so as well as having time to do all my housework II had lots of time to peruse the market and cook lots of healthy food.

For anyone unsure of what Paleo is there are loads of sources online, but its basically cutting grains, legumes, dairy and all processed food. It may seen quite drastic, but so far its been fine.

On Friday I made chicken salad with hot guacamole and roasted sweet potato (theres a LOT of roasted sweet potato going to be mentioned).


I had omelette for breakfast both Saturday and Sunday, with herby green beans and ham.


I also bought ALL the vegetables, some cocnut flour, ground flaxseed and OH MY GOODNESS Almond butter! Where has it been all my life, its absolutely delicious!


I had a friend over for dinner on Saturday, so I made the Yottam Ottolenghi salmon curry, with sweet potato and curried cauliflower. The cauli was amazing, I just boiled it for a few mins, and then drained most of the water, added curry powder and a teaspoon on creamed coconut and cooked it down. It was so nice, I had the leftovers on a salad the next day.


Last night I went all out and made burgers (lean minced beef, seasoning) with roast sweet potato chips and hot salsa.


Who says healthy eating has to be boring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment