Friday 10 February 2012

Weekday cooking surprise

I had a bit of a rare moment in which I decided to break the brown rice habit this week. I REALLY fancied a pasty, and, in my effort to stop being so afraid of making pastry, I decided that I was going to make some myself.

I remembered I had some leftover roast pork in he freezer, so in went that, along with a potato, some frozen mixed veg (peas, carrots, etc), so onion, curry powder and homemade chicken stock.
For the pastry I did 500g of flour, along with a 250g mix of butter and some homemade lard (the solidified fat from the chicken stock, yum). I mixed the pastry in the food processor, and it was very easy.

The rest was 7 surprisingly delicious pastys, and now I cant wait to make more. I feel like the pastry world is now my oyster. Im not saying that Im going to attempt a croque en bouche tomorrow, but its a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment