Tuesday 17 July 2012

ReHashing things

Since starting to eat paleo, egg and potato hash has quickly become my favourite weekend brunch. Ive been experimenting with different ways, as has my partner, who thoughtfully found a breakfast on nomnompaleo to make for me a couple of weeks ago. I usually grate up some sweet potato, fry it off, add whatever meat or fish and veg, maybe some chilli, some tomato and then crack in the eggs and scramble it all up or fry/poach and pop them on top. The two below were particularly good. The one my partner made was with smoked salmon, and the other was chorizo and spinach.





Not the neatest bowl of food, but really yummy.

Ive made a variety of different things lately, Theres been Tuna steak, homemade guacamole (avocado, chilli, garlic and lime juice, sometimes tomato) and roasted veg.


Tuna steak in thai red curry with roasted squash and other summer veg


Baked sweet potato with turkey salad or, my favourite, prawn and veg stew (garlic, chilli and onions fried, add any veg you want, I added courgettes, brocoli, mushrooms and peppers, then add tomatos, YUM!)





On Sunday I made a roast dinner. I roasted parsnip and carrots in honey and made sweet potato mash. Cooked green beans and wrapped them in proscuitto and then sealed the pork fillet, added apples and water to the pan, and threw it in the oven for 10 minutes. The pork was cooked beautifully, and the apples made a lovely sweet-ish sauce.




With healthy food this good, who needs anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment